Friday, 27 December 2013

puppet show shorts

Honest-to-goodness, I actually think this might be the sweetest little girl's shorts pattern ever. They have just the right amount of poofiness on a little behind and those little gathered pockets are the icing on the cutie-pie-top.

Anyone who's been sewing children's clothes for more than 5 minutes will know what I am talking about. The gorgeous little Puppet Show Shorts put out by ever talented Liesl Gibson at Oliver + S. Let's be honest, she had me sold on the packaging of this pattern alone. Love those paper dolls. Oh-so-much. I've made this pattern before a number of times and I will keep coming back to it as long as my little girl fits into it. Actually probably longer because the one unfortunate thing about this pattern is it measures a little small. I'm certain I'll find a way to upsize it when she grows out of it because I love it too much.

Anyway, my daughter has outgrown her old pairs so it was time for some new ones. This time I kept the fabrics super plain with some lovely cotton/linen blends. I wanted them to be plain enough to match almost any top she chooses to pair it with. Problem with that is, my daughter likes pretty things now so plain fabrics can be a bit of a hard sell. She's particularly big on flowers at the moment, so I decided to line the waistbands with some offcuts of some Japanese lawn I had lying around and some beloved Sarah Jane in the hopes they would help sweeten the deal.


She was super pleased with them when she opened up her present at Christmas time, so I'm hoping I've had a win! These were made in size 4. Fingers crossed, I've got another year or two of Puppet Show goodness still to come.


**  I received no incentives for writing this post. I just really love this pattern.

4 comments:

  1. That's one pattern I can't find in the larger size and I'm such a paper pattern fan. love these shorts too. yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of those holy grail paper patterns isn't it! I bought the last one from an Aussie shop a couple of years ago when I had my baby girl. I love it so much. At least you can get it digitally now :)

      Delete
  2. Cute cute cute!! Love your fabric choices and those patterns are just the sweetest things!! If only my girls were little again..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine! They are gorgeous little patterns, but these shorts are definitely tiny :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...