Tuesday, 14 January 2014

oliver + s sandbox shorts


Summertime in Australia means shorts weather for boys and my son has been badly in need of some new ones. I was a little short on time when I was sewing these up, so I reached for my much used oliver + s sandbox pants pattern. This is a really easy pattern that sews up quickly. I already knew these pants had a lovely roomy fit and wouldn't need any adjustments, which means I could make the most of my sewing time.

You might be sensing a bit of a theme with my sewing lately. Lots of oliver + s patterns. I'm not normally one to rave about patterns, but these patterns do live up to the hype. They are beautifully designed, written and illustrated. Let's not forget those gorgeous paper dolls on the front. Something about those dolls brings out the crazy collector in me. I want every single one. I really miss those paper dolls on the new patterns (Liesl: hint hint, nudge nudge).


I let my son choose the fabrics for the pockets. Nothing was off limits as I'm really trying to buy less and use up the fabric from my stash. For the shorts, I used a variety of fabrics I had on hand. Some cotton linen blends, a green denim and a camel trouser remnant bought years ago. The result, some happy play shorts for my big boy. He's pleased which makes me pleased. They're already covered in little boy grub, exactly as they should be. Which reminds me, time to go put another load in the washer.

So are you sewing at the moment? What are you working on?


2 comments:

  1. Oh I do love Oliver + S patterns too! Just finished a pre schooler backpack from her book. A friend just lent me some pants and a dress patterns of hers too and can't wait to try them. A friend just sent me the link to your blog. I love it. Right up my alley, we have done the same thing with our lives but from melbourne to southern highlands nsw. I blog too but not as well as you! Cloudtextiles.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! The southern highlands are lovely :) The O + S patterns are wonderful aren't they!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...