Sunday, 23 February 2014

an afternoon walk


One of my favourite things to do over the weekend is to take a long walk. If I'm really lucky (and my husband can mind the kids for a little while) a walk all on my own. Bliss! I just love walking around where we live. Taking the time to unwind from all the busyness of life. To take in the beautiful countryside and really appreciate my surroundings. Breathe in the sweet air, which smells at it's most amazing after a storm. Sometimes I talk out loud to myself (am I the only one who does that?), which is fine because there are only the cows to think I'm crazy. I'm sure they think I'm a bit bonkers, but at least they can't tell me so!

It helps me to feel ready for the week ahead, as well as enjoying the moment I am in. Sometimes life just seems to move too fast, doesn't it?



On my walk today, I pushed myself through the grass to the top of the big hill where I could look out over the valley. When I reached the top I was filled with gratitude. Nature has this amazing way of reminding us to live every day and embrace the life we are given. And just like that I feel ready for the week ahead.

Do you like to walk? How do you like to recharge yourself at the end of the week?

10 comments:

  1. That's exactly what my husband likes to do to recharge himself...walking! My two girls cycles to refresh themselves...me, I like to be quiet at home, do a lot of thinking/planning while crocheting to de-stress myself.
    BTW, you're so blessed to live in such beautiful surrounding:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your beautiful crochet! Yes a wonderful way to unwind :)

      Delete
  2. I don't blame you - if I lived where you lived I'd love to take frequent walks too! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) We are lucky to live here!

      Delete
  3. I feel a little refreshed, just drinking in your beautiful photos. I just found your blog and its beautiful I want to sit and read every post, though that is obviously just not practical. I enjoy walking and if I had scenery like yours would most certainly do it more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming and saying hi Tammy :) We are very fortunate to live where we do!

      Delete
  4. I love walking and I go out regularly on my own, just to clear the head, recharge and enjoy the fresh air. There is always a long to-do list and many things going through your mind, walking is a great way to just focus on the "one foot in front of the other" and nothing else.

    You are not the only one who talks out loud to yourself no, I do it regularly:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who talks to themselves out loud!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful part of the country you live in! I could walk there for days, weeks, years! I do love to walk and I wish I could get out more. I do try to do a BIG walk a couple of times a month with a friend. We head off at 5am and try to be back by 10am, we walk for miles. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5am? I am impressed. Sounds like my kind of walk :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...