Thursday, 13 February 2014

grow!






We have new life!

Aren't they just the cutest little things? I'm like an excited little kid when my seeds start to sprout. So much possibility in these new little seedlings. The time before the bugs find them, when they are shiny and new with perfectly formed little leaves. When you can imagine how they'll grow in the garden and everything they'll become.

Of course, Mother Nature always loves to throw you a few curve balls. Gardening rarely runs to plan. Bugs come and flatten crops overnight. Caterpillars? Cut worms? Monolepta beetles? Something new perhaps? Scorching days might just fry them off before they have a chance to grow. But at this stage, well this stage anything is possible!

In the next couple of months I'll do what I can to help them reach their full potential. I'll be cheering them on! Feeding them water and transplanting them when they've grown just enough. But just in case, I may do another planting of seeds in a couple of weeks. Not that I'm trying to jinx things or anything. Definitely not. I'm Team Seedlings all the way.  
Grow little plants grow!

The garden is a crazy busy place at the moment. Still harvesting like mad. Bringing in corn, zucchinis, capsicums (peppers), basil, carrots and greens. I'm hoping for a quick turnaround for the new season which will mean a massive garden clean out very soon, so I have time to replenish the soil. It will need some compost and manure before it's ready to take on the new arrivals.

And there's something else in the works. A new project I'm particularly excited about. It's a trash-turned-to-treasure project that I can't wait to share. Just a little sneak peak for now, but stay tuned!


9 comments:

  1. Your project sounds interesting, I look forward to finding out more about it. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's all finished, I'll definitely share!

      Delete
  2. You have my attention with your "trash to treasure" project, can't wait to find out what it is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it'll be ready to share soon :)

      Delete
  3. I know that I am going off on a tangent here, I wondered if I could please ask what sort of camera you use, your photos always look lovely.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I use just a basic, entry level, older model Nikon.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. They look really great. I think it's me and not the camera!!!!! Practice, practice I think:)

      Delete
  4. Your seedlings looks so healthy and robust. I know the excited feeling when those little seedlings start to poke their little noggins out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the challenge is always to keep them growing as well as they start out, isn't it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...