Monday, 10 February 2014

jumping on the social media bandwagon


Well what do you know, turns out blogging is kind of fun! For years I just posted my pictures over at flickr, never thinking of starting a blog. Then my husband went and made me a blog over Christmas and well here I am. So I've decided to take the plunge and try out a few other things while I'm at it. I'm still finding my way, but I'm having fun learning. Honestly, I feel like I'm the last person in the world to jump on the social media bandwagon. At least I showed up, right?

So if you want to come find me, I'm tweeting now, or is it twittering? Geez, I'm such a newbie I'm not sure, over here at Twitter.

I'm snapping away on Instagram as ockduspock.

You can find me pinning over here on Pinterest.

I'm on Google+ here.

And of course, you can still find me over on flickr as well.

All those links will stay in my sidebar. Just click on the little icons and they'll take you where you want to go.

There are a couple of new links up in the sidebar as well for those who want to follow along. You can click the Bloglovin' link to sign up that way or you can get my blog feed sent directly to your email by typing in the little box. Is there a preferred way to read blog feeds these days? Let me know if there's something I don't know about.

So tell me, am I really the last person in the world to discover social media?? Where can I find you guys over there? Hit me with it! Or, if you want come find me and say hi!

9 comments:

  1. I am now following you on Pinterest and Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great Christine! I'll go find you there :)

      Delete
  2. Oh you sound like me, I have still not yet fully jumped on the social media bandwagon. I have an Instagram account which has 1 photo on it, how woeful is that!!! I have Pinterest which I adore, you can just collect ideas, I have started pinning my recipes so that I can look at them on my iPad in the kitchen.

    I'll go and follow you on Instagram..off I go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I saw that:) I've also followed you too on Pinterest. It's ideas heaven.

      Delete
  3. Oh I hate to sound ungrateful for all your social links but I would really love you to have a facebook page too for your blog so I could see new post updates there because I am hopeless with readers and with the best of intentions I fail to read posts subscribed via email as 9 times out of 10 I need to be sucked in by a photo. I would so love to keep up to date with your shenanigans which sound very much up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya! Thanks for coming over to visit :) I don't have a facebook page yet, but I may at some point in the future. Just trying a few out at the moment!
      p.s- I love your preserving posts, they are right down my alley as well :)

      Delete
  4. hehe I'm trying to avoid twitter as I have no idea what it's about all these # tags!! I am on facebook and pinterest though as "a gluttonous wife".
    have been loving reading your blog, thank hubby for us :D Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hashtags! Yes I have no idea how to use those yet! I'm sure I'm making all kinds of newbie mistakes too :) I'll have to see if I can find you on pinterest!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...