Tuesday, 25 February 2014

tick tock





This year is screaming by so fast already isn't it? Where has February gone?

It seems like I only just planted those little seeds into the ground, but look at them! Ever so quietly they've been inching their way upwards. I went out to water them today and it became very obvious that I need to get myself into gear. The garden needs some work done before I can get these sweet little plants into the soil and a step closer to our plates. I suppose that's one of the up sides to planting from seed. They force you to get your act together!

This weekend the garden beds will get some clearing out. They'll need some topping up with compost, manure and blood and bone. Hopefully, if I don't leave my run too late, the beds will have some time to rest before I put in my new little plants.

This weekend! It has to happen. See those plants have started the stopwatch running and I need to make sure I don't drop the ball.

How are your garden preparations going? Are you better organised than I am?

6 comments:

  1. I visited your blog for the first time a few days ago and fell in love with your garden. I don´t have room for such thing but have been looking at some videos on youtube and I will probably try to make a small one by using several pots. Will see what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming and saying hi Gra! There is nothing wrong with growing in pots! That's what I did before I had room for a garden- I still have lots of things growing in pots actually :)

      Delete
  2. My garden preparations consist of me hanging out the washing and looking at the bed saying to myself "I should be down there weeding all of it out, preparing the soil, buy the plants or have I time for seeds" and "I should find out what to spray on whatever is attacking the two beautiful brussel sprout plants (that are full of little baby brussels so cute) so that they can make it to our plates". Have I done either? No I haven't. So you are miles ahead in the organised stakes in fact make that you are whole countries ahead!!! Your garden is just so beautiful.

    Its really strange because I really want to be eating from our own produce as I dislike going and buying from the supermarkets. I do have a lovely lemon tree which is producing a lot of lovely fruit they are turning yellow as we type, so that is an absolute treat. Oh and a fantastic fig tree which is producing.

    I am going to have to give myself a deadline. Thats what I'll do:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have brussels already! I am jealous. We can't grow them where we are. They won't set sprouts, which is a bit sad because I just love brussels.
      Believe me, I'm not organised at all. These seedlings will need to go out shortly and if I don't get stuck into the garden, I'll have nowhere to put them!

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm back to front to you and not organised at all...I've been getting the beds ready but haven't set seeds yet. I said I'd follow along with Rhonda but I'm way behind both of you with your little plants ready to go. I console myself a little that I can buy organic heirloom seedlings locally and might start with them so I feel I have something in the ground. We could join forces if we lived close....I could make beds while you grow seedlings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanette that would be an awesome deal (for me! I think you might be getting the raw end though :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...