Monday, 3 March 2014

a country market day





Sometimes on the weekend our tiny local community gets together for a market day. Usually it's all in the name of a good cause. To raise money for the local hall, church, showground or something similar where the money raised is going back into our community. It's a great day where you get the chance to catch up with some of the locals for a natter about all the goings on. Grab some scones and a cuppa from the church ladies, a sausage sizzle for the kids and everyone's happy.

My very favourite part? The 'junk' stalls, where people clear their sheds out and sell off their old wares for nicks. I've picked up some amazing finds in the past. A knitting machine, a breadmaker, some vintage Fowlers Vacola bottles, so many wonderful things. You never know what you might find. I tell you, my neighbours have the most incredible things in their old sheds.

This weekend's finds? Some weathered old silver serving spoons and a pretty plate. Oh, this girl was very happy! I guess some people might just see a worn plate and some old spoons when they look at these. But me? Well this trash is definitely my kind of treasure.


Like this post? Come follow along at bloglovin'. 

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely, lovely, lovely! What treasures you found!! Great to support local causes, too. My kind of event. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My type of event event too :)

      Delete
  2. First off…love the fabric you have these treasure sitting on!
    I have exactly the same antique silverware. Some of the spoons and forks have been made into a wind chime. Pretty painting on the plate … perfect for serving blueberry scones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, now you've got me wanting blueberry scones! How cool you've got the same spoons!

      Delete
  3. The plate is very pretty I can see why you grabbed it. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. what pretty finds! I love the tablecloth they are on too. I went to a flea market last weekend and was very happy with some vintage buttons and dresden plate I found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treasurehunting is fun isn't it? I love vintage buttons!

      Delete
  5. I echo everyone else's thoughts.....perfect treasure hunting with wonderful finds. I've liberated quite a few pretty plates from op shops and have displayed some on the kitchen wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a display I would love to see :)

      Delete
  6. Treasure My Love, absolutely treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treasure hunting is so much fun :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...