Friday, 7 March 2014

sarah jane wee wander


I wasn't supposed to be buying new fabric. Yes, I know. Famous last words.

When my little girl and I first saw a picture of these Wee Wander fabrics, we both flipped out. Those gorgeous illustrations that Sarah Jane is so well known for. Love them oh-so-much. The colours are also superb. She really hit the nail on the head with these fabrics, I think they are her best yet (and goodness knows I've got quite the collection of her fabrics now). So it was inevitable that I would pick some of them up.

But this many? Well that's what shopping at 4:30am will do. It's what I call sleep buying, and just like sleep walking I didn't really know what I was doing. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it. All I saw was 25% off and before I knew it my foggy brain had filled a cart with goodies and pressed the confirm your order button. Then like magic they turned up on my doorstep.

They really are gorgeous, even prettier in real life. Just don't ask me what I'm going to do with them yet, or the sad state of my paypal account OK? Umm, yeah, what a shame that thing doesn't magically replenish itself.

Off to stroke my new fabrics now.

Like this post? Come follow along at bloglovin'.



14 comments:

  1. Sleep buying - very dangerous ;-)
    Agree with this collection being her loveliest yet - so very pretty.
    And if you work out how to get your Paypal account to self replenish, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most dangerous I have discovered. One needs to have their senses about them when looking at fabric!

      Delete
  2. Very unique and appealing fabric!
    "Sleep buying", hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazingly paypal doesn't register whether you are asleep or not :)

      Delete
  3. You do make me smile when I read your posts:)

    All of that fabric is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I too would be going in and just looking at it, telling it "how pretty you are" and imagining all of the beautiful things that can be made from it.

    Count me if too for if you ever find out how to replenish your PayPal account, please share!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a mysterious disappearing paypal account!

      Delete
  4. Sleep buying - a very real phenomenon that I had not yet heard of ... but of which I will certainly make use ;) Lovely haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you are so taken by them.....beautiful. I had a quick look at her blog and I loved the "climbing the tree" fabric as that's what Sienna did the whole school holidays in our backyard and James is right into it now. The funny thing is we have straight trees across the back of our yard and they can climb about 2 mtrs off the ground and that's it and the branches are so thin and of course both children have fallen out of the tree complete with the said branch they were holding on to.....you try to tell them that the branches aren't for swinging on and they think they know best!!! ahhhh parenting...it's a tough gig. I look forward to seeing what you sew with those wonderful fabrics. (PS..you have pet your fabric in your last line...I know people will think it means "pat your fabric" if you want to fix it up, or not. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tree climbing is so much fun... for the kids! It's definitely nerve wracking as a parent though, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Sleep buying you say?
    I haven't tried that yet.
    Must put on 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be warned, it's a dangerous past time OK? :)

      Delete
  7. I couldn't resist this collection either....I even bought coordinating solids! It is so beautiful in person and the fabric is so soft. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a medallion quilt with the tree print in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can't wait to see what you make with it! You always make the most beautiful things!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...