Friday, 27 June 2014

friendship bracelets






It's frosty here. Winter has finally arrived.

Mornings and nights are spent around the fireplace with our new found addiction. Friendship bracelets.

I know loom bands are all the rage. But I'm kinda old school when it comes to friendship bracelets. Some embroidery floss and a plastic DIY wheel (cut from an ice cream container lid). No little rubber bands to worry about the baby ingesting. Nothing like some quick crafting to brighten up the winter days.

We're playing with all kinds of colour combinations at the moment. Ahh, hours of rainbow coloured fun. The kids are loving it. Nothing like a bit of old fashioned school holiday fun.

Winter, you're really growing on me.

12 comments:

  1. The embroidery ones are so much nicer. Loom bands are everywhere here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loom bands are hugely popular aren't they!

      Delete
  2. I think Sienna might be into those and I have lots of embroidery thread in boxes in my garage. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lots of fun on a cold night :)

      Delete
  3. I have to say it every time i write you a comment, i love the colour of your pictures, they bring me joy and summer feelings! :D
    I´ve never made those bracelets but i´ve read about them, its interesting and a funny project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Noelia :) We get so much sunshine, even during the colder winter months!

      Delete
  4. yes, loom bands have come and gone in our house, but getting creative with thread, wool and beads is always a winner. Love the rainbow colours. T x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of threads on hand so it's easy for us to do them this way :)

      Delete
  5. Friendship bracelets are even better the second time around. My son thinks his friends invented them! Your's are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my son is the same! He couldn't believe I knew about friendship bands :)

      Delete
  6. kids walking about with loom bands all the way up their arms are a fabulous sight. I love the fact it's really captured the imagination of my 11 year old son and his friends, hearing them working out the colour combos and different weaving techniques is a joy. I'm old school myself with the embroidery thread friendship bands, still have one my friend made for me 25 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love them too- all the kids are wearing them here!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...