Monday, 25 August 2014

a green bouquet



So this might not be your typical bouquet, but this is the type of bouquet I give as gifts around here. A huge bunch of organic greens tied up with some string. All types of kale (curly, Tuscan, 3 different types of edible colourful kale) as well as some rainbow chard and perpetual spinach.

A strange gift perhaps? I know everyone doesn't necessarily love kale as much as I do.  

What?!

Apparently some people see kale and think, 'Ewwwww!". Shocking. I find it hard to believe, but my husband assures me it's true.

I reckon it's a double win, pretty and healthy. But am I a little delusional to think of this as a bouquet?

What do you think? Would you be happy if someone gave you this? Or would you be quietly thinking, "OK, this lady is weird", while mumbling a quick, "Umm thank you... so much for the... umm green leaves", before disposing of the kale in the compost 2 minutes after I leave?

Come on, be honest.

P.S- Yes that is a wet table the kale is sitting on. We've had some more rain and I couldn't be happier! Woo hoo!

21 comments:

  1. YAY for rain and how SWEEEET is this bouquet! What an outstanding gift and a brilliant idea in presentation I might add!!!! Pinning this pal!!! Happy gardening to ya!! Nicole ...and I would treasure this gift and eat every bit of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so glad to hear you would eat it and like getting it! :)

      Delete
  2. I give green bouquets too! Mind you, I only give them to people I know appreciate the work of gardening, and will eat it :)

    Enjoy that rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure some of my "gifts" have ended up in the compost! I do enjoy the giving part though :)

      Delete
  3. I think it's a lovely idea and looks great. Kale = yum around here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably a strange gift, but I think kale is pretty and tasty. I'm sure it composts well too for those who don't love it :)

      Delete
  4. I think it's a lovely idea, I regularly give away little fruit or veg baskets to my friends when I have a glut and they do the same to me when they have too much. I thinks it's a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to share. Most of my friends love it. Some, well, I'm not always sure :)

      Delete
  5. Send me those kinds of bouquet any time, but I still would want some chocolate to go with it (ha ha flowers and chocolate). By the way I bought some kale for the very first time on the weekend...was thinking of putting it in stir fry - but I've heard of kale chips too baked in the oven. Any recipes since kale is new to me. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll always take chocolate as well :) As for kale, well I stick kale in everything. Apart from kale chips, I put it in with the other steamed veggies, throw it in soups, pies, or stirfries. Kind of like spinach I guess. I'm always looking for new things to do with it though. I tend to grow a lot of it!

      Delete
  6. I would be thrilled to receive a lovely healthy bunch of home grown kale. I wish I had some friends who were on this wavelength! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice when it's well received :)

      Delete
  7. Funny you should post this. My daughter just went out back, tonight, to our garden and put together a kale bouquet. We only have one kind of kale, but, I still loved it. Raw, steamed, in a soup...I love kale any way you can make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! I think it's really tasty and so pretty to look at.

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I would love this especially as my kale failed to germinate this year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( How frustrating. I have such an oversupply of kale at the moment!

      Delete
  9. I think it's pretty. Useful and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the look of all the different kales!

      Delete
  10. I love your bouquet! they look so fresh,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...