Sunday, 26 April 2015

wrapping up kids clothes week


Wow, it's been a big week. I am t.i.r.e.d. I've never done a Kids Clothes Week before, but it's actually been a lot of fun. I even managed to get quite a bit done.

These are the last things I made in the week. Two little pairs of corduroy overalls for my baby boy. I love overalls on little toddling boys. Especially as they pick up their toy cars and their building blocks. They're just so cute.


I've made this pattern so many times now I've actually lost count. It's Burda 9772, although I do change it up a bit. Pockets are always fun to add (to put trains and other goodies in) along with some cute trim up the top.

I tend to get a bit snap happy with it, with my mega industrial snap press. I reckon the more snaps the merrier! So they're all the way up the legs, to make nappy changes easier. There are also some adjustable snaps on the braces, so you can let them down as they grow.

They're really soft and warm for wintertime and my little boy loves to point to the "choo choos" on the front.


It's been a fun week, although I did sew for more than an hour a day. Sometimes when I start doing something I find it hard to put down. I really didn't manage to follow along with the "Wild" theme of the week, but I did get things made that my children needed. What's not to be happy about that?

So that's my KCW done and dusted. Yawwwwn! 

I am really looking forward to an early night to bed tonight, to get a bit of shut eye!



























https://kcwc.herokuapp.com/users/sign_in

14 comments:

  1. I have total sewing envy....but I know the reality for me is a love hate relationship with my newly acquired sewing machine....pass me my crochet hooks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crochet is a great hobby (and you are good at it :)

      Delete
  2. I am not sure I would have the stamina! You have made some beautiful clothes for your children this week :) I hope they will be worn and loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are already being worn a lot since the weather turned cooler!

      Delete
  3. Love these! The snaps make them look so professional. I know, it's tough to stop when you get going. An hour is never enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh snaps are a bit addictive :) And 1 hour is never enough!

      Delete
  4. I love a fat nappy bottom in overalls.
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!! You are so very talented as the details in these pieces are just adorable! I wish I had your skills!! Happy week to you!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole- sewing is lots of fun!

      Delete
  6. That is a lot of snaps!! Seriously cute overalls. I'll go one more than Nicole and say I love a fat nappy bottom in corduroy overalls! Perfect for the season!
    I'm with you that KCW would be easy if it was ONLY 1hr per day but I can't stop once I get started either. So glad you joined in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting me motivated McStitch :) Loved watching what you and others have been making, very inspirational!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...